Instituto de Diseño (ISDI)
The building today serves as headquarters to the higher Institute of design (ISDi) was built in the context of the enlargement works of Havana that were made in the mid-19th century. The buiding had several functions and different stages, in 1913 was Secretary of health and charity, the first Ministry of health created in Cuba. The Cuban scientist Carlos J. Finlay, worked on the second floor and there, during the last years of his life, he finished part of his studies. In September 1985, after a renovation, it is headquarters of the ISDi.