Palacio Capitanes Generales
Palace of the General Captains. (The City Museum) is considered the work of major architectural importance of entire Baroque in Cuba. Its construction began in the year 1776. It was the site of 65 General captains sent by Spain to rule Cuba as well as the United States administrator venue during the intervention of 1898 to 1902; and in addition, he served during the Republic as presidential Palace until 1920. In its inner courtyard is a statue of Cristóbal Colón, settled in 1862. This building served as well as seat of the Town Hall and jail, as well as government offices.