La Plaza Vieja
Originally known as Plaza Nueva. It emerged as open space in 1559, after the Plaza de Armas and San Francisco, respectively.
Represented by valuable colonial constructions of the 17th, 18th, 19th centuries, and some examples of the first decades of the 20th century that maintain stylistic unity. In this square is the majestic Palacio de los Condes de Jaruco featuring spacious galleries, wooden ceiling roofs, windows wood turning and wall paintings. It is a residence of the 18th century. The Cuban storyteller was born Mercedes Santa Cruz y Montalvo, known as the Countess of Merlin.
Some of the houses bordering the square are early expression of the constructions that will define this place of Havana: houses of two floors, open to the outside via portals and galleries.