Terminal de Trenes

HSV's picture
Submitted by HSV on

According to the historian Gerardo Castellanos, on November 30, 1912, the current train station building as the center of operations of the company railways of Cuba United with the Havana CentralRailroad was officially inaugurated.

With a peculiar architectural structure, sober and stylized lines, the building copies elements of the SpanishRenaissance and is due to American engineers, architects and contractors. It consists of four floorstopped on both sides by two towers that rise 38 metres above street level, built of steel and reinforcedconcrete and decorated with terracotta tiles.

Neighborhood: 

Municipality: 

Category: 

Location: 

Egido & Arsenal

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.